Bayer sought a partner to assist with standardising their process for identifying and developing leaders across its multinational operations. Their future leaders would need to be assessed against Bayer’s values, set out in the company’s own framework for identifying potential.
COMMITTED TO ENABLING EVERY EMPLOYEE TO GROW
Multinational business working in healthcare, agriculture and high-tech polymers
Over 113,000 employees worldwide
Approx. €40bn revenue per year
The Future Leader Development Centre (FLDC) is a powerful development tool for our future leaders. Participants receive feedback on their strengths and development areas and manager gain some insight into their coaching style. Our partnership with Cubiks has been a great success. Their close collaboration allowed us to create two very successful development centres for non-executive and executive levels.
One of the world's largest pharma companies wanted to invest in their future leaders
Crediblity, flexiblity & strategy
Bayer designed a potential framework based on 4 values called LIFE: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency. All the future leaders are assessed against these values. Both the managers and the employees are actively involved in this process. However, global implementation & delivery was a problem, and so Cubiks was appraoched to help achive their ambitions across Bayer-France.
Harmony is key to success.
Mitigating the risks of not aligning
As the custodians of an overall assessment process that was fully aligned with the guidelines of Bayer AG, Cubiks had to demonstrate high professionalism and flexibility in order to implement an already designed comprehensive methodology. In addition, Cubiks consultants needed to fulfil multiple roles within the development centre process (lead assessor, role player, co-ordinator) and make sure the assessments, reports and feedback to candidates were all delivered within a tight timeframe.
Successfuly developing future leaders
Cubiks’ extensive pharmaceutical track record and robust international culture - combined with strong local knowledge and experience - made us the perfect partner for Bayer
Cubiks worked alongside a range of stakeholders at Bayer to get a deep understanding of the organisation’s needs, objectives and expectations. To do this, Cubiks conducted several interviews with HR experts to understand the culture and context of the project implementation.
Cubiks assisted Bayer before, during and after the Future Leader Development Centres in a number of ways:
- Trained Bayer’s managers with an understanding of the best practices needed to assess and provide feedback to candidates.
- Conducted a workshop for the candidates involved in the development centres, explaining the principles of giving and receiving feedback.
- Facilitated discussions with managers after each development centre exercise, to evaluate the candidates’ performance and come to a consensus for each key competency.
- The candidate report was written in joint effort after each exercise and during the integration session, whereafter Cubiks took responsibility for the final editing.
- Cubiks consultants acted as role player during the simulation exercises.
- Candidates were regularly given feedback by Bayer managers and Cubiks consultants during the process. Cubiks consultants assisted the managers
- during the feedback of the report.
- Assisted with the planning and logistics of the development centres.
Expert support from start to finish
Bayer was awarded ‘Top Employer in France’ thanks to their Future Leader Development Centres
The FLDC has been a very positive experience for candidates, their managers and also for the HR team. The HR team were able to grow even further in their role of strategic business partner, who understand the business challenges and take appropriate action to contribute to the company’s success. Following the positive results of this project, the HR team implemented a similar approach across other sectors of their workforce.